Wednesday, November 06, 2013

"I'll tell you one thing, we ain't gonna change much. The sun still rises even with the pain. I'll tell you one thing, we ain't gonna change, love. The sun still rises even through the rain. Can we go on like it once was? Can we go on like it once was? Everybody feels a little crazy. Like it once was. Everybody feels a little crazy. Like it once was. Can we go on like it once was?" ~the head and the heart

I got lucky and was able to see The Head and the Heart at Terminal 5 last night. The show sold out quickly a long time ago, but I managed to get a last-minute ticket on craigslist. As usual, I showed up early and got a front row spot on the rail. I wasn't in the center, but the front row is the front row (for a short person like me at a GA concert venue like Terminal 5, it's ideal). I saw The Head and the Heart at Terminal 5 almost two years ago (blog post here) and they blew me away, so I was super excited to see them again (especially because I love their new album and wanted to hear them play songs off of it).

The concert was fantastic. They played all my favorite songs from the new album, including "Another Story," "Gone," "Josh McBride," and "Let's Be Still." They also played the best songs from their first album. "Rivers and Roads" started as a gorgeous sing-along and built to its complete and glorious epicness (Charity killed it as usual). "Down in the Valley" was a great closer (they closed with it the last time I saw them, too). "Lost in my Mind" was a wonderful catharsis in the middle of the show. I don't think I could have crafted a better setlist myself.

Here's my audio recording. I sang. These concerts I record are basically for me, so I let myself go. I apologize. I'm afraid I'm particularly loud during "Rivers and Roads" and "Down in the Valley." And maybe "Lost in my Mind."


 I recorded some video snippets with my phone of my favorite songs, so here they are (the first few clips are super short, but they get longer, and I think they're worth watching):

And here are some photos (taken with my phone, so they're not very good):

I got a setlist! They crumpled them up and threw them at the crowd, and I caught this one with my neck. It was pretty awesome.

 

No comments: