Friday, December 14, 2012

 "I'd like to start with just a....If we could take a moment....If maybe we were silent....Or we had spoken....I tried to find the words to....Just the right quotation....But I must confess I came up empty." ~hartmere and intrabartolo (bare: a pop opera)


I managed to (mostly) hold it together during Bare (an off-Broadway play) last night, but I started crying as soon as I got out of the theater on the walk to the subway. There were two guys walking next to me who had also seen the show, and they were both sobbing. We must have been an interesting sight to anyone walking past us.

They've made a lot of changes to the current production, and I liked the original version much better. They cut some of my favorite songs, changed some of my other favorites, and added dialogue. I don't think any of the changes are for the better. Either way, though, it's an incredibly moving musical, and I also think it's a very important one. And I love the music, so I'll be posting some of the songs this week (songs from the original recording).

I'm going upstate today to visit my friends Bill and Amy for the weekend; I'll be babysitting the girls for some of the time, and I'm excited!

The Survivor finale is on Sunday (yes, I still watch Survivor). Go Denise!

No comments: