Monday, April 18, 2011

"Wouldn't it be nice if we were older? Then we wouldn't have to wait so long. And wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong." ~the beach boys


The Pulitzer Prize winners were announced today. Jennifer Egan's A Visit From the Goon Squad won the prize for fiction. I've read the book and I enjoyed it very much (I'm crazy about Jennifer Egan's work), but I am surprised it won. It's an absolutely beautiful book, it just never occurred to me that it would win the Pulitzer. Anyway, I'm thrilled that it did. Ms. Egan is one of my favorite writers. I heard her speak a few years ago and loved just listening to her. Actually, it was four years ago (it doesn't seem that long ago); here's my blog post. So if you haven't read A Visit From the Goon Squad, go do so. And read The Keep while you're at it. That's another one of hers that I love.

The prize for drama went to Bruce Norris’s Clybourne Park, which is not surprising.

My mom sent me this video of my cousin soloing in his acapella group. I'm so proud of my kin. :D

No comments: