Friday, March 11, 2011

"Wait, dear, a white horse is walking down my street here. Your words are creeping at my feet, I fear sunrise will come too soon and you'll disappear into the haze of this city and go south." ~augustana

I know I haven't posted for awhile, but I'm making up for it today. Sorry if you have a slow connection and it takes forever to all the images to load.

I've been so busy this past week that I don't even know where to start. I have two concerts and a Broadway show to write about (from Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday). This post will be about the two concerts. I'll post about the Broadway show (Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark) later this weekend in a separate post.

On Tuesday I went to see The Low Anthem at the Bowery Ballroom. I've seen them as an opening band before, but it was great to see them headline a show. They were absolutely wonderful. They all play a bunch of different instruments, including some that I would never expect to make music (like a saw or a pair of cell phones). I admire musicians who are that versatile. Here are some photos so you can see:





I filmed the last song, "Oh My God Charlie Darwin." I was in the front row so I didn't have the best angle, but it was such a gorgeous performance that I have to share it.

There's a nice review of the concert here.


The next concert was Augustana. I've seen them live a few times before, but it was really cool to see them at this incredibly tiny venue. There were tables, and we were at a table directly against the stage. I was a foot away from Dan (the lead singer). It was surreal. I filmed the whole show. Again, the angle made it difficult, and I was watching the concert rather than looking at the screen of my recorder, so video-wise it's not perfect. It is, however, great for audio. They only played a couple old songs, and I was thrilled that one of them was "All the Stars and Boulevards." The rest of the songs were from their new album coming out in April. I can't wait to hear it, because I loved the songs they played last night. My favorite was "Hurricane."
Here are my videos (you should really check them out and listen to these gorgeous songs, especially "Hurricane"):

No comments: