Friday, October 01, 2010

"And we sing with our heroes thirty-three rounds per minute. We're never going home until the sun says we're finished." ~the gaslight anthem


On Thursday I saw The Gaslight Anthem at Radio City Music Hall. It was a really great concert. They seemed so excited and grateful to be there, and you could sense the positive energy coming from the band. They're from New Brunswick, NJ (very near my hometown), and this was almost like they were playing at home; there were a lot of Jerseyans there.

It was a solid setlist. No huge surprises, but they did play my favorite song of theirs, "Here's Looking At You, Kid" (I was SO excited), as well as a bunch of other favorites ("Bring It On," "Boxer," "The Patient Ferris Wheel," "The Diamond Church Street Choir"). Along with those, "We Did It When We Were Young" was particularly gorgeous live.

I didn't get any great pictures (I always have trouble taking photos at concerts), but here are a couple:
Here's my video of "Here's Looking at You, Kid." Unfortunately the video quality isn't great.

Spinner has a good review of the show here: Gaslight Anthem Play Epic Set at Radio City Music Hall

I recorded it as well. Radio City Music Hall is not a great place to record; the acoustics aren't great. Anyway, here it is:

Get Your Own Player!

No comments: