Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Six o'clock, time clocks make a way again. It's twilight, it's darkening, it's winter in New York. Moments like these don't come so easily to you, do they?" ~meghan coffee


I'm sorry for my lack of posting. It will be explained below in this recap. And I am definitely making up for it here, so settle in for a long post.

For Christmas I went out to Colorado to see my parents. It was definitely a white Christmas; there was tons of snow. The house was beautifully decorated, complete with a ridiculously tall Christmas tree that I was glad they got before I arrived (because it sounded like quite an ordeal). I only went skiing two days while I was out there. All my family members have season passes at the local ski slope. Two days was enough for me, although I did enjoy it. It's a nice mountain and there was great snow. I was content to spend the rest of my days there relaxing. My parents don't understand my happiness at doing nothing and being still and staying home. They always want to be out exploring, but I guess that gene missed me; I feel bad about it, but I can't help it. They're all outdoorsy and like watching sports and I'm a city girl who loves theater and movies and music and just staying in. They're probably wondering how they ended up with me. For the most part they put up with me being a bump on a log. I needed to do that. They don't understand what my work is like and why I needed a break from doing anything. Anyway, I enjoyed being out there and seeing them and getting to relax.
The outside of the house:

Skiing with my brother:
I was supposed to come home to New York on Saturday, January 2nd. Due to mechanical problems (this has happened to me BOTH times I've traveled to Colorado), one of my planes was delayed and I missed my connection. So I ended up spending that night in Phoenix. They put me up in a nice hotel room, which somewhat mollified the situation, even though I was not thrilled that I had to spend the entire day (and part of the next day) in the Phoenix airport.
Phoenix (my hotel room and the view from my balcony):

It was in the 70's in Phoenix, so on Sunday morning i sat out on my balcony in a t-shirt and got some sun. That was lovely. I finally arrived home on Sunday night and had to prepare for school the next day. I hardly got any sleep (being on mountain time screwed me up). Oh, and I came home on Sunday to discover that I had no internet connection. I've been without it for a week. But it magically began working again today!

It was not easy to come back to school. Things have been crazy. Of course. This weekend my friends Kim and Elizabeth came to stay with me, and it was good to see them. Last week I briefly got to see my cousin and my aunt who were visiting from Maine. I also saw Nicole (we saw a screening of Leap Year). Check out what she brought me:
How cool is my best friend?? Six Feet Under and Chuck were my Christmas present, and the rest she picked up at a Blockbuster sale for me for a total of $15. I was thrilled. Now if only I could find time to watch all of them!

And check out all the cool Christmas cards I received this year. I love them.
I saw Finian's Rainbow on Broadway today. It's closing next Sunday, and I needed to see it before it closes because I've heard such wonderful things about it and it got fabulous reviews. I was so glad I caught it. It's a beautiful, lovely production. It's a feel-good, fanciful show with a gorgeous score and an extremely talented cast. It's a shame it's closing. Jim Norton is in it and I'm a big fan of his (I was so glad he won the Tony for The Seafarer). He was so nice to me at the stage door, too. Cheyenne Jackson was another highlight for me. I love him. I loved him in Xanadu and I loved him in Finian's Rainbow. He's just so charming. Here we are (he was also very nice):
So I've been busy.

Finally: CHUCK returns tonight! It's two new episodes tonight and one new episode tomorrow (it's regular night is Monday). You have no idea how excited I am. This is my favorite show. I've been happy to see NBC promoting it pretty well. Check out their cool board in Times Square:
Start watching it if you don't already. It's awesome. I promise.

2 comments:

gégé said...

glad you're back on the web.
So how was the "No more Mr Nice Chuck"?

Danke said...

very nice picture with Cheyenne:) I only know him from 30 Rock, but I know he´s broadway guy. He´s cute.