Monday, January 18, 2010

"I know you'll help us when you're feeling better, and we realize that it might not be for a long, long time. But we're willing to wait on you, we believe in everything that you can do, if you could only lay down your mind. I want you to try to help yourself.
Take the time to take apart each brick that sits outside your heart, and look around you, there's people everywhere. And though they don't always show it, they're just as scared, and we'd be more prepared if you just pulled on through. I want you to try to help yourself." ~sad brad smith

Because the Golden Globes got me revved up for the Oscars (scroll down for my Golden Globes post), I've been listening to songs eligible for the 2010 Oscar for Best Song, so here are four of my favorites. I'd like to add "Petey's Song" from Fantastic Mr. Fox, but I don't have the soundtrack. Oh well.

"Help Yourself" - by Sad Brad Smith - from Up in the Air
"The Weary Kind" - by Ryan Bingham and T-Bone Burnett - from Crazy Heart
"Winter" - by U2 - from Brothers
"(I Want To) Come Home" - Paul McCartney - from Everybody's Fine

Audio:

Get Your Own Player!


No comments: