Monday, September 22, 2008

"You twist and whisper the wrong name. I don’t care, nor do my ears. Twist yourself around me; I need company, I need human heat.” ~frightened rabbit

That beautiful song is on the season 2 premiere of Chuck. Which went up on Hulu today. And is absolutely fabulous. The whole episode is amazing, but it especially reminded me of how much I love Casey. He's so tough on the outside, but deep down he's a marshmallow (to steal a Veronica Mars line). His character is fascinating, and Adam Baldwin is brilliant in the role. He can do so much with a simple grunt.

I <3 Gina Gershon. She is hilarious. Check out this video:
See more Gina Gershon videos at Funny or Die


She is currently starring on Broadway in Boeing Boeing, in which she gives a great performance. October 2nd is her last day (as well as Kathryn Hahn's) and I really want to see it again before she leaves, even though I've already seen it twice.

I know I haven't written in a long time; I am just so insanely busy that it's impossible to find the time. And my internet is screwed up. Right now I'm posting from CCNY's library. I know this sounds funny, especially because I didn't usually enjoy going to the library at UR, but I love being back in a college library. It's just so...peaceful. This library is huge and I'm in a tiny study room up on the fourth floor.

I saw a couple of Broadway shows last week. I saw 13 and To Be Or Not To Be.
13 was...interesting. The cast and band consist entirely of teenagers. It's a musical about 13 13-year-olds. I think there are some very talented, hard-working kids up on stage, but the show needs work. I was uncomfortable about some of the subject matter (I don't think terminal illness should be treated flippantly), and I think some of the dialogue is unrealistic for 13-year-olds. The act one finale and the curtain call need to be fixed. It was a free night of theatre, though, so I was glad to see it. I looove Jason Robert Brown (he's the composer of The Last Five Years and Parade), and I did enjoy his score for this show very much.
To Be Or Not To Be was more enjoyable. It's a very funny play about a company of actors living in Poland during WWII. I like how it walks the line between comedy and drama, and the acting was fabulous. I went with my Theatre for Youth class, and beforehand we had a preshow workshop with MTC's Director of Education that was very interesting.
The Broadway Flea Market was this past weekend, which is one of my favorite days of the year. I won tickets to Hairspray and traded them for tickets to The Seagull, so I'm seeing that tomorrow and I can't wait. Kristin Scott Thomas and Peter Sarsgaard are fabulous actors so I can't wait to see them live on stage.

I should write about school, and I have other random fun stuff to write about, but I'm just too tired and pressed for time. Maybe later.

No comments: