Thursday, July 31, 2008

"We’ll be their pet, we’ll wear their collar, into the flame and off to the movies. The thrilling of Claire, for the thrilling of Claire, the thrilling of Claire, for the thrilling of Claire. We’ll be their pet, we’ll wear their collar, into the flame and off to the movies. The thrilling of Claire, for the thrilling of Claire, into the flame and off to the movies. The thrilling of Claire, for the thrilling of Claire." ~the national

I was already obsessed with The National before I learned that they had a b-side with my name in the title, and that discovery certainly didn't lessen my opinion of them. I love them. A lot. I'm seeing them (for the fifth time) at Central Park on Monday. I plan on getting in line insanely early so that I can be in the front row. I cannot wait. I can't stop thinking about it. I need to calm down about it, though. I keep thinking of all the songs I really want them to play (Wasp Nest, Lucky You, Karen, About Today, the Cherry Tree, All the Wine) and I know I'll be lucky if they play just one of those. I wish they varied their setlists a little more.

Yesterday I went to see the play Some Americans Abroad. It wasn't fabulous, but I adore Tom Cavanagh (he played Ed Stevens on the tv show Ed, which I watched religiously) and he gave a great performance in the play. He's such an incredibly nice person in real life (I talked to him after seeing him in Urinetown and he was so sweet).

Today in acting class I performed a scene from Say Goodnight, Gracie with a partner. It was so much fun. I played Steve, who's a comedian, and being him was exhilarating. I got to be funny and loud and impersonate Groucho and I wanted it to keep going after our scene ended. I don't like when we improv scenes that much, but when I have a script to work with I like being onstage.

No comments: