Monday, July 14, 2008

"I'll be there for you, these five words I swear to you. When you breathe, I'll be the air for you, I'll be there for you." ~bon jovi

Oh, I have so much to write about. And there's no way I'll be able to cover even half of it in this post. So I'll just write about what's on my mind (recent stuff).

First of all, Bon Jovi playing on Central Park's Great Lawn. It was a miracle that I got tickets. They were going on eBay for $1500 (which is absolutely ridiculous considering they were all free tickets), but I spent all day (seriously, hours) just refreshing craigslist over and over. Finally I got in touch with a guy who was looking to give away an extra pair to a true fan and was lucky enough to get his tickets. I picked them up from him, met Nicole at Central Park, and got in around 5 (the concert started at 8). There were over 60,000 people there, which is a LOT of people. I don't think I've ever been in a crowd that large (it's twice the size of Madison Square Garden!). There was a lot of energy. It was a fabulous concert; they played all their hits. Being surrounded by 60,000 people all singing along to Livin' on a Prayer is just such an amazing experience. It was sooo much fun, and I'm glad I lucked out and was able to go (for free). I hope they release it on DVD or on TV (there are rumors), because it was so absolutely fantastic.
Setlist:
LIVIN' ON A PRAYER
BAD NAME
LOST HIGHWAY
BORN TO BE MY BABY
RUNAWAY
SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD w/ Twist & Shout
BLAZE OF GLORY
WHOLE LOT OF LEAVIN'
IN THESE ARMS
WE GOT IT GOIN' ON
IT'S MY LIFE
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU - (RICHIE ON VOCALS)
HAVE A NICE DAY
KEEP THE FAITH
WHO SAYS
BAD MEDICINE w/ Shout

ENCORE:
ALWAYS
WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE
I LOVE THIS TOWN

I took pictures but I can't upload them onto my computer because my camera cable is at home, so I'm really bummed about that. Here's some official shots, though:






Second thing on my mind: Tonight, after our class ended, I went with my friend Karen to an art opening. I've never been to one of those before. Karen is friends with the artist (who is amazing by the way; her name is Laura Loving, so look her up). We went straight from class and I have never felt so out of place in my life; we were definitely underdressed. As we walked in, Karen whispered something like, "Well, at least we're not wearing..." and, after trying to think of something worse than what we were wearing, said, "really, really short shorts." We mostly stuck to one corner and didn't move around much after our initial walk-through. It was actually fun, though. I met one of Karen's friends, and he said I looked like Jane Krakowski. Seriously. Jane Krakowski. Trust me, I know that I look absolutely nothing like Jane Krakowski, but I was flattered and liked receiving the complement (because she's gorgeous). I don't feel pretty that often.

So I've been having a good time lately. I'm tired now and don't feel like writing more, but I'll try to update more often.

No comments: