Wednesday, May 02, 2007

"And I will always love you..." ~dolly parton

Last night was the first night in months that new episodes of my two regular Tuesday night shows, Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars, were both on. VM was good, but GG was spectacular. Lauren Graham's rendition of "And I Will Always Love You" (ala Dolly, not Whitney) almost made me cry. And I'm not the only one; all the reviews of last night's ep are raving about it (here's an example from EW). It was by far the best moment of the season (of the past few seasons, actually). And they did a great job building up to it in the past few eps with the hilarious, charming Luke/Lor scenes. Anyway, last night reminded me of why I love television. So it was cool.

I have two more days of school; I can't believe it. Today my cooperating teacher took me, two students who always eat lunch with us, and her daughter out to lunch at the botanical gardens. It was lovely. I'm going to miss everyone from my high school so much. It's funny; right now most of my friends are contemplating leaving college, but leaving my high school (and all the people in it) is occupying my mind. It's my teaching job that I'm thinking about, not my career as a student. I guess that's because teaching has been my main priority this past semester.

I'm tired. A full day of school and then babysitting for 4 hours is tiresome. I need to get some sleep.

No comments: