Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"Not everyone is born a witch or a saint. Not everyone is born talented, or crooked, or blessed; some are born definite in no particular at all. We are a fountain of shimmering contradictions, most of us. Beautiful in the concept, if we're lucky, but frequently tedious or regrettable as we flesh ourselves out." ~gregory maguire, "son of a witch"

That's from the sequel to Wicked. If you're looking for some good books to read, read Wicked and Son of a Witch. They're good. And I have so many good quotes from Son of a Witch right now that I'll probably use lots of them here.

Classes are going okay so far. Lit. of the English Renaissance will be difficult, but I like the professor (I've had him before). My professor for Introductory Linguistics is hilarious, so that class will be fun. Technology Enhanced Learning is probably gonna be a lot of work, like all Education classes. I still haven't been to my final class, the Negro as an Invisible Man, but I'm really looking forward to it. It's only one day a week, which means it's a really long class, but hopefully it won't drag on too much. Overall it shouldn't be a bad semester, though.

I'm not used to doing work, so it's hard to get into the swing of things. My last semester ended in October, and it was a ridiculously easy semester anyway. I have to force myself to do my work.

Synchro started last night, and I realized how out of shape I am (well, I knew I was out of shape, but last night was the first time I actually had to confront the fact).

Okay, I have to go get ready for class now. I have a class in half an hour, and it'll take me at least 15 minutes to get there (Pacific to Modlin).

No comments: