Monday, January 16, 2006

"I want kisses and dresses, A late night message that cradles, halos me to sleep." ~leona naess

If you've never heard Leona Naess before, go listen to her. If you're a Counting Crows fan you probably know who she is (she sings with them a lot). I love that song.

So I'm back at Richmond. It's weird, but good. For the past month or so I've been substitute teaching. For awhile (about 3 weeks) I was in for a woman on maternity leave, so I had the same classes every day. I had to plan the lessons and everything. I got used to it; I felt like the kids were "my" students. I felt like a real teacher. And now I'm back to being a student. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I have the urge to stand at the front of the room and ask questions and encourage kids, but instead I'm stuck in a desk among a sea of other students (and usually it's a right-handed desk, which I hate because I'm a leftie).

My housing situation miraculously improved, so now I'm living in a single in Pacific House. It's a corner room with two huge windows, and it is approximately the same size as the double I had last year. I love it. There are only 5 girls on my floor, and the rest of the building is guys. I've met all the girls and a few of the guys and everyone's really nice. The only downside is that it's really far away from everything; it's a 15 minute walk to D-hall. But I'm not complaining; it's much better than sharing a converted lounge with 5 other girls, which is what I was supposed to be doing.

I had 3 classes today, and I like them all, though I think I'll have a lot of work to do this semester. Only 2 semesters of classes left, though. I can manage.

No comments: