Monday, June 22, 2015

Okay, this'll be my last Fun Home post for awhile. It's just in my mind right now; since seeing the show again, I haven't been able to stop listening to it. The show won five Tony Awards: Lisa Kron and Jeanine Tesori won Tonys for Best Book and Best Score, Michael Cerveris won for Best Actor in a musical, Sam Gold won for Best Director of a Musical, and the show won Best Musical. Sydney Lucas gave a beautiful performance of "Ring of Keys" at the ceremony. Have I mentioned I love this song? (Yeah, I have. I raved here and here and here.) I'll stop after this. Just watch. 


Here I am with the lovely Ms. Lucas: 
 And Tony winner Mr. Cerveris, who is also brilliant in the show (plus my view of the stage from my seat, which was basically on the stage): 
Finally, I'll end with a fun video of a song from the show that is guaranteed to make you smile. I promise. Aren't these kids fantastic?!


No comments: