Sunday, January 11, 2015

Here are my quick Golden Globe reflections, before I go to bed because I have to work tomorrow. (Why are awards shows on Sunday? Ugh.)

Really happy that The Affair won Best TV Show (Drama) and Ruth Wilson won for Best Actress in a  TV Show Drama for The Affair. I love the show, and I can't wait for next season.

The Grand Budapest Hotel won for Best Picture (Musical/Comedy). Hooray! Birdman was definitely the frontrunner, but I'm not sure that should even be considered a comedy, and although I enjoyed it, I didn't love it as much as most people seemed to. I did enjoy Michael Keaton's performance very much, so I wasn't disappointed to see him win, but I'm glad the film didn't win Best Picture.

I'm thrilled that Fargo won Best Miniseries. I love love love Fargo. I just wish Allison Tolman had won for her performance.

Yay for Julianne Moore! Her performance in Still Alice is heartbreaking and beautiful, so I'm glad she won Best Actress in a Drama (Film). Amy Adams won Best Actress in a Musical/Comedy (Film), and although I loved her in Big Eyes, is that movie really a comedy? I don't know, sometimes these categories confuse me. On the TV side, I'm still not convinced Shameless and Orange is the New Black are comedies, either.

Anyway, I enjoyed the evening, even though I wish Tina and Amy had been more prominent. I'll miss them as hosts next year.

No comments: