Thursday, June 05, 2014

I went to an Old 97's concert on Tuesday at Webster Hall. I've been a fan of theirs for a long time, so I was eager to see them live for the first time. They've been together for 20 years, they have ten studio albums and four EP's, and they're pretty awesome. My favorite album of theirs is Fight Songs. Because they have so much material, I know it's impossible to go to a concert and hear everything you want to hear, so I tried not to get my hopes up too much. They did play my favorite song of theirs, "Question," so that made me very happy. I also loved hearing "Indefinitely," "Wish the Worst," and "Nashville." There were a LOT of songs I love that I didn't get to hear, though, like "Salome," "Adelaide," "The New Kid," "Jagged," "Lonely Holiday," "Oppenheimer"...again, I know there's no reason to expect them to play all those, it was just wishful thinking on my part. Of course they played a lot from their new album, Most Messed Up, which is good. It's gotten awesome reviews. I think I need to give it a few more listens to fully digest it. Anyway, here are some videos I took. I recorded audio of the whole concert which I'll upload later; the videos are of my favorite songs.

First of all, a .gif I made of Rhett Miller falling (gracefully):


And now for the videos!

We'll start with my favorite, "Question:"



And here's another one I love, "Indefinitely:"



One of the best songs from the new album, "Nashville:"



And an oldie but goodie: this is where you can see Rhett fall, if you find that kind of thing funny (which I do):



And finally, "Four Leaf Clover," another song I love, performed with Lydia Loveless (who opened for them):



No comments: