Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Parks and Rec celebrates it's 100th episode on Thursday. You should watch it, along with this retrospective:

The Golden Globes are on Sunday. I think I've seen most of the major nominees. Here's what I'm hoping to see:

TV: 
  • I wish Amy Poehler would pull out a win. It will probably go to Julia Louis Dreyfus for Veep (which I absolutely love), but it would be awesome for Amy to be recognized.
  • Even if Amy doesn't win, I'm looking forward to seeing her host again with Tina Fey. I'm sure they'll kill it, just like they did last year. 
  • I want Tatiana Maslany to win Best Actress in a Drama TV Series for Orphan Black. She's absolutely amazing, and it's ridiculous that she plays so many characters and plays them all so well. I'm thrilled that she was even nominated. Kerry Washington will probably win for Scandal, and I'm okay with that because I love that show too. 
  • Breaking Bad needs to win Best Drama (and Bryan Cranston Best Actor for his performance).

Movies: 
  • I'm a big fan of Jennifer Lawrence's performance in American Hustle.
  • I loved Gravity, and I'd be happy if Sandra Bullock won for her performance.
  • I'd love to see Her win (go see it if you haven't; it's wonderful).
  • Meryl Streep better not win. Please give Best Actress in a Comedy (Film) to Amy Adams (American Hustle).
  • Chiwetel Ejiofor was amazing in Twelve Years a Slave, so I'd like him to win.
I know these awards really mean nothing, so I'm mostly looking forward to a fun night full of laughs and good food (Nic and I always watch awards shows together and make enough food for a whole lotta people).

No comments: