Tuesday, August 06, 2013

"So when your hope's on fire, but you know your desire. Don't hold a glass over the flame, don't let your heart grow cold. I will call you by name, I will share your road. But hold me fast, hold me fast, 'cause I'm a hopeless wanderer. And hold me fast, hold me fast, 'cause I'm a hopeless wanderer. I will learn, I will learn to love the skies I'm under. I will learn, I will learn to love the skies I'm under. The skies I'm under." ~mumford & sons

It feels like I'm spending more time outside of NYC this summer than I'm spending here at home. This summer I will have spent time in upstate NY, Greensboro, NC, Iowa, Colorado, Williamsown, MA, and New Orleans. I'm back for another brief stint before heading to the Williamstown Theatre Festival this weekend and then going to New Orleans next week. I spent last week in Iowa (for a family lovely reunion) and in Colorado visiting my parents, and it was nice to spend time with so many family members, especially because I don't get to see many of them very often.
Here I am with some of my cousins and our grandmother:
 And here I am in Colorado after a long hike:

You've probably already seen this, but it's still worth posting. I love Mumford & Sons (search my blog for my concert post on them), and I love that they have a sense of humor and don't take themselves too seriously. I also love Jason Bateman, Will Forte, Ed Helms, and Jason Sudeikis, so this is pretty awesome.

I'll hopefully have a good review of the musical The Bridges of Madison County (music by Jason Robert Brown!) to share after this weekend.

No comments: