Wednesday, December 07, 2011

"All of these questions, such a mournful sound. Tonight I'm gonna bury that horse in the ground. So I like to keep my issues strong, but it's always darkest before the dawn. Shake it up, shake it out, shake it up, shake it out...." ~florence + the machine


I love that entire album, and that song ("Shake It Out") was used beautifully in the last few minutes of last night's season finale of Covert Affairs. The end of the episode was lovely; Auggie, who's usually so perceptive, was blind in more ways than one. Hearing him say "I can literally hear you smiling" as we saw Annie sitting there with heartbreak written all over her face (Piper Perabo played the moment very nicely) and then hearing "Shake It Out" starting to play definitely moved me.

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted. I guess I've been busy. I never even wrote about Thanksgiving, which was wonderful. The night before Thanksgiving I went to see the inflation of the balloons, which was fun. Here's a familiar face:
Thanksgiving Day was full of family and food. As usual, it was a full house and I loved seeing so many family members gathered together. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. 30+ people always gather in my aunt and uncle's Manhattan apartment, and I look forward to it all year. Here I am with some of my cousins (notice the one whose face has been photoshopped in):

I've seen a few Broadway shows lately. The one I most enjoyed was Bonnie and Clyde, which is unfortunately closing at the end of the month. I'm so glad I was able to see it, though. The music is gorgeous; it's definitely my favorite Frank Wildhorn score. The cast is strong (Jeremy Jordan and Laura Osnes have great chemistry as the two leads), and I think all the design elements are done well (I'm usually not a fan of projections, but in this show I was impressed at how they enhanced the story). It's really a shame that the show is closing, so if you're in/around NYC, I recommend trying to see it.
Here are two snippets of my two favorite songs from the show:





Okay, I'm out of time. Next post will feature my reviews of the Broadway shows The Mountaintop (starring Samuel L. Jackson and Angela Bassett) and Lysistrata Jones.

No comments: