Saturday, February 14, 2009

"It's going to take a little time, while you're waiting like a factory line. I'll ride across the park, backseat on the 79. Wasted days you've come to pass..." ~vampire weekend

I've been really busy lately, but now it's difficult to go back and reflect on everything. I'll do my best.

The Tibet House benefit concert at Carnegie Hall was wonderful. The National played two new songs(!), Vampire Weekend played one of my favorite songs from their album (M79), Steve Earle was good, and Patti Smith led all the performers in a really cool closing sing-along.

Guys & Dolls. That was my Christmas present; my mom and I went to see it on Broadway. We had the best seats in the house, front row mezz. I've written so much about it in other places that I don't feel like writing more right now, so if you're curious what I thought feel free to ask me. Some people who read this blog have already read my detailed reviews, anyway. I will say that seeing Lauren Graham onstage was wonderful. She really impressed me. And I got a picture with her afterwards, so I'm still on cloud 9 about that (even though it's an awful picture of me). It's posted in an entry below.

Last weekend was a busy show weekend (3 shows in 3 days). Besides Guys & Dolls, I also saw Becky Shaw (featuring Kelly Bishop, Lorelai's mom on Gilmore Girls) and The Savannah Disputation. The Savannah Disputation was fabulous; I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it because I wasn't sure what to expect; basically all I knew going into it was that it was about religion. It was hilarious. Dana Ivey and Marylouise Burke are sooo funny. It's a smart, entertaining play and if you get a chance to see it I highly recommend it.

I am now in South Carolina visiting my grandparents. I have next week off from work, so I'm getting away for awhile. I love being here. I was born here (in Columbia, SC). It feels like a second home to me. The weather isn't great (my gran said "it's a Cleveland day"), but that's okay. I'm still happy.

Here's another video that I took at the Tibet House benefit concert (make sure you watch the video posted in the entry below as well).
Vampire Weekend performing M79:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view