Monday, July 09, 2007

"I want to raise the sails with these strings and send the melody soaring. I want us to disappear in a wave and drift on a song until morning." ~the last town chorus

Tonight I dragged Nic to see The Last Town Chorus perform in Borders. It was a free in-store performance and Megan sang 6 songs. There were red leather lounge chairs set up in front and then rows of folding chairs behind. We got seats in the front row (in the comfy chairs) right in front of the stage, so we had a perfect view (it even felt a little weird to be so close). It was short, but I loved the concert. She sang "Boat," "It's Not Over," and "Modern Love," which are three of my favorite songs from Wire Waltz. I wish she had done "Huntsville, 1989," but overall I thought it was a strong setlist. Afterwards I got her to sign my CD, and she was so incredibly nice; she made an effort to talk to me and ask me questions, even though I was slightly starstruck, shy, and not all that eloquent. I can't wait to go to a full-out concert of hers, and she said she has some gigs planned in NYC later this summer, so it seems like I won't have to wait too long.
Here's a picture I took during the concert:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And one of my signed CD:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I highly recommend you watch the video for "Modern Love;" she completely transforms David Bowie's song, and it's absolutely beautiful. Then go out and buy Wire Waltz.
If the video doesn't show up below (youtube is being stupid right now), here's the link.

No comments: