Thursday, April 19, 2007

"Tell me why. Tell me why. This is the book I never read, these are the words I never said. This is the path I'll never tread, these are the dreams I'll dream instead. This is the joy that's seldom spread, these are the tears, the tears we shed. This is the fear, this is the dread, these are the contents of my head. And these are the years that we have spent, and this is what they represent. And this is how I feel, do you know how I feel? 'Cause i don't think you know how I feel, I don't think you know what I feel, I don't think you know what I fear, you don't know what I fear." ~annie lennox

That's such a beautiful, heartbreaking song. Kelly Clarkson actually does a great cover of it that I've been listening to lately.

I think people need a good laugh right now, so here are a couple of quotes from one of the 90 research papers that I have to grade this weekend (probably more quotes to come as I keep grading):

"He was sent to the hospital near Edinburgh in France..."
"Fumbling to put on their helmets, a common name for a gas mask, one man stumbles..."

Both of those are from the same paper. I know it's awful of me to laugh while I'm grading papers, but sometimes I just can't help it. I mean, an 18 year old should know the difference between a helmet and a gas mask, right?? Oh dear. I love the kid, I really do, and I'm not making fun of him, but it's hard not to laugh when reading that in a formal research paper. Ms. W. says we have to laugh because otherwise we would be crying.

No comments: